The Chiron Centre aims to set high standards for complementary healthcare, offering an outstanding environment for clients and therapists alike, focusing on comfort, cleanliness, relaxation and professionalism.
We welcome all kinds of natural healthcare therapists, whether building a practice or bringing an established client base. Even where we have similar therapists already working for us, we find that extra therapists add great value, helping create a centre of excellence in that area. We often find that those therapies with the most practitioners are the busiest!
The Chiron Centre offers a very special experience. It is easily accessible with ample on-street parking and 2 main route bus stops providing links to all the major areas of Bristol. The building itself is striking, warm and welcoming, with beautifully kept gardens to the front and side. The whole building is double glazed, sound proofed, centrally heated, with a leading water filter system installed.
There is an on-site reception between 9am and 1pm and then 2pm until 5pm Monday to Friday and 9am until 12 am Saturday. Our experienced receptionists take telephone calls, welcome clients, make bookings and take card payments. We are also developing on line booking facilities using state of the art technology.
All therapists will have access to the fully fitted staff kitchen, including a table, light refreshments, refrigerator, mini-oven, kettle, toaster and storage space. This discrete facility will ensure that break times can be spent in a relaxing environment – an ideal opportunity to satisfy ones hunger and catch up with the latest news from other therapists.
The main treatment rooms range in size from 11m2 to 15m2 and are cx fully equipped with a couch, table, chairs, blankets and storage. They all have natural lighting via the windows, are fully carpeted (or wooden floored for massage) and neutrally decorated. The walls and doors within the building are very thick and the soft furnishings will help to keep external noise to a minimum.
The Chiron – a special experience
- A choice of 5 excellent treatment rooms, each with their own personal character and design.
- Modern furnishings within the rooms with sound-proofing provided by solid doors and full double-glazing.
- Kitchen/rest area for therapists.
- Bespoke waiting room separate from the reception; furnished with comfortable seats, relaxing music, a range of magazines and filtered water.
- Beautiful gardens with far reaching views.
- A secure environment, with access controlled by entry-phone linked to each individual treatment room and security camera.
- A prime and prominent location, giving perfect access to the key areas of Henleaze, Stoke Bishop, Clifton, Westbury-on-Trym, Sneyd Park, Redland, Henbury and Cotham.
- Excellent access from the M5 and M4. The centre is on the main link road to the city centre so is easy to find and highly visible to commuting traffic.
- Walking distance to local cafés, pubs, shops and Durdham Downs.
- Free and plentiful car parking around the centre and excellent access to major bus routes.
- On site reception across a 38 hour week.
- Marketing through a web-site, brochure holders on the premises and various advertising media.
- Card payment and gift voucher facilities.
- Competitive pricing with options covering basic room hire only to full access to our facilities.
Service level options
We will provide:
- Full access to the on site facilities
- Use of the card payments machine
- Receptionist to welcome your client
This option is primarily for established therapists who only need the premises with minimal customer facing support
As standard package, plus we will:
- Insert your details on the clinic website
- Allow you to leave promotional material within the centre
- Include your details on appropriate advertisements for the clinic.
- Access to the reception support to take bookings and payments on your behalf, welcome clients and answer telephone calls
- Access to the on line booking system
Room hire rates 2017
|Hours per week||Standard rate||monthly cost||Premium rate||monthly cost|
A session is a continuous 3 or 4 hour booking and a minimum of one session per week is required. If you are booking a morning or afternoon slot it will be for 4 hours, the evening slots are 3 hours.
If you need more hours than this, please contact us for the rates.
New therapist special offer:
We offer an extra facility for those new to the clinic and looking to build a client base. We ask for a set payment of £46 per month plus £9 per month towards advertising costs, so a total of £55pm. This allows you access to all the premium package facilities, including reception, with a room space reserved for you each week. Each client you see is charged at £11.00 per hour. This keeps your costs low while you are building your business and allows you to work outside your primary reserved slot (assuming clinic space is available) at no extra cost. You are not, therefore, disadvantaged by clients wanting to see you outside the core times you have formally reserved.
1. Our objective is to be competitive, flexible and fair. We believe this charging structure reflects this goal.
2. The monthly standing order costs are based on a 52 week year.
3. There will be three session options:
Morning session – 4 therapy hours between 8.30 am and 1.00 pm.
Afternoon session – The continuous 4 hour period between 1.30 and 5.30 pm
Evening session – A continuous 3 hour period between 6 pm and 9.30 pm
There must be a 30 minute handover time, the first 15 minutes of which is for the in situ therapist to finish up and leave and the next 15 minutes for the new therapist to set up.
We encourage you to leave a 10-15 minute gap between each appointment in the evening so that you are available to welcome or at least buzz in clients as they arrive. We will only charge for the therapy time used in these circumstances, not any gaps you build in between sessions to answer the door, take payment and rebook. We do charge for time needed for client preparation and note taking.
Where possible, you may also build in a short gap between appointments during the day, just in case you are overrunning or need a break. This means you can extend the working day or start early, you are only limited in the afternoon where the morning and evening slots may restrict your flexibility to expand your slot.
4. Disabled clients may park in a designated area on the pavement outside the property. By prior arrangement, any therapist normally working upstairs may use a downstairs room at no extra charge.
5. The monthly cost for the premium service includes £9 towards the cost of advertising in local magazines
Contract between service provider and therapist
Section 1 – Commitment by the Chiron Centre, the service provider
1. Maintain the clinic to high standards of cleanliness, decor and hygiene.
2. Equip each therapy room with an adjustable treatment couch, a table, at least two chairs, basic blankets and storage facilities. You may provide your own additional furniture and storage units subject to our prior approval.
3. Maintain the temperature of the clinic within comfortable levels.
4. Maintain a therapists area, with cooking, refrigeration and basic storage facilities.
5. Provide coffee, tea, herbal teas and milk to therapists at no extra cost and filtered water to clients.
6. Meet all minimum disability, health and safety and fire regulations and maintain necessary public liability insurance.
7. Give 1 months notice of contract changes and termination of contract.
8. Run a ‘gift voucher’ system. Card payments for vouchers to be settled in line with normal card payment system. Cheques or cash exchanged for vouchers to be given immediately to therapist involved provided the voucher is specifically for that therapist.
9. Settle any card payments by the 5th of the month following month of receipt from client, less the credit card deduction taken from each transaction. The Chiron Centre will pay for the monthly service fees.
10. Place full page editorials in selected local magazines each month, with therapists taking turns to advertise their practice
Section 2 – Commitment by the therapist
1. Adhere to all the requirements of your regulatory body, including Continual Professional Development.
2. Behave in a professional and ethical manner and dress appropriately.
3. Keep at least minimum levels of professional liability insurance
4. Provide copies of up to date insurance and membership of your regulatory body when you join to be kept centrally on the premises.
5. Give at least 1 months notice of termination of contract.
6. Pay your regular clinic fee by standing order monthly in advance.
7. Pay any extra payments due to the clinic by the 12th of the month following the month in which they were generated.
8. Mark up the clinic diary book with your available hours and keep bookings up to date.